TODAY PM Modi host medal winners of Commonwealth Games 2022 at his official residence
PM Narendra Modi will host the medal winners of the Commonwealth Games 2022 at his official residence on Saturday at 11 AM.
India capped one of their best performances at the Commonwealth Games with 61 medals in its kitty. The country's best performance came in 2010, with 101 medals against its name at home.
The 2022 edition of CWG will go down as India's 5th best performance. As far as the points table is concerned, India ranked fourth at the end of the event.
Following are India’s top five CWG campaigns:
- 2010, New Delhi - 101 medals
- 2002, Manchester - 69 medals
- 2018, Gold Coast - 66 medals
- 2014, Glasgow - 64 medals
- 2022, Birmingham - 61 medals
India at CWG 2022 - A look back
In which events did India win the most number of medals?
India won 12 medals in weightlifting followed by 10 medals in wrestling.
In which events did India win the lowest number of medals?
India won 22 gold medals
Gold Medal Winners -
- Mirabai Chanu (Weightlifting)
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga (Weightlifting)
- Achinta Sheuli (Weightlifting)
- Indian Women's Team (Lawn Bowls)
- Indian Men's Team (Table Tennis Mixed Team)
- Sudhir (Para Powerlifting)
- Bajrang Punia (Wrestling)
- Deepak Punia (Wrestling)
- Sakshi Malik (Wrestling)
- Ravi Dahiya (Wrestling)
- Vinesh Phogat (Wrestling)
- Naveen Sihag (Wrestling)
- Bhavina Patel (Para Table Tennis)
- Neetu Ghanghas (Boxing)
- Amit Panghal (Boxing)
- Nikhat Zareen (Boxing)
- Sharath Kamal and Sreeja Akula (Table Tennis)
- Eldhose Paul (Triple Jump)
- PV Sindhu (Badminton)
- Lakshya Sen (Badminton)
- Sharath Kamal (Table Tennis)
- Chirag Shetty and Satwik Sairajrankireddy (Badminton)
How many silver medals did India bag?
India bagged 16 silver medals.
Silver Medal Winners -
- Sanket Sargar (Weightlifting)
- Bindiyarani Devi (Weightlifting)
- Sushila Devi (Judo)
- Vikas Thakur (Weightlifting)
- Indian Badminton Team (Badminton Mixed Team)
- Tulika Mann (Judo)
- Murali Sreeshankar (Long Jump)
- Anshu Malik (Wrestling)
- Avinash Sable (3000m Steeplechase)
- Priyanka Goswami (10000m Walk race)
- Men's Team (Lawn Bowls)
- Sagar Ahlawat (Boxing)
- Sharath Kamal and G Sathiyan (Table Tennis)
- Women's cricket team
- Abdulla Aboobacker (Triple Jump)
- Men's hockey team
How many bronze medals did India clinch?
India clinched 23 bronze medals.
Bronze Medal Winners -
- Gururaj Pujari (Weightlifting)
- Vijay Kumar Yadav (Judo)
- Harjinder Kaur (Weightlifting)
- Lovepreet Singh (Weightlifting)
- Saurav Ghoshal (Squash)
- Gurdeep Singh (Weightlifting)
- Tejaswin Shankar Athletics (Men's High Jump)
- Divya Kakran (Wrestling)
- Mohit Grewal (Wrestling)
- Jasmine Lamboria (Boxing)
- Pooja Gehlot (Wrestling)
- Pooja Sihag (Wrestling)
- Mohammad Hussamuddin (Boxing)
- Deepak Nehra (Wrestling)
- Sonalben Patel (Para Table Tennis)
- Rohit Tokas (Boxing)
- Women's hockey team
- Sandeep Kumar (10000m Race Walk, Athletics)
- Annu Rani (Javelin Throw, Athletics)
- Kidambi Srikanth (Badminton)
- Trisa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand (Badminton)
- Dipika Pallikal and Saurav Ghoshal (Squash)
- G. Sathiyan (Table Tennis)